
I tried signing up for
Earth Fare's cooking class this week but it was full. I was too slow but that is ok because they were making zucchini muffins and both John and I think they sound icky even though we have nothing to really base our opinion on. We were gong to try them anyway.
I like having plan B's...they make me happy. So plan B was to have our own cooking class. By the way, the chef's hat was all John's idea. We settled on chocolate chip cookies after watching a Food Network Challenge about cookies. John picked out his utensils from his play kitchen that were applicable to use (I washed them well) and we got started.

I had him read through the directions so he would know what we were doing. I then helped him
mise en place. He read off the ingredients and amounts and I retrieved the correct measuring device and bowls. He measured things out (sometimes with a little assistance) and we had everything ready to go. He read the directions again and put everything in the mixer. He wanted to taste the brown sugar and the white sugar to see how they tasted on their own. He liked the white sugar best. He wanted to taste the vanilla and I said he could but warned him that he probably wouldn't like it straight. He chose to inhale deeply instead and said it smelled like how eating chocolate tastes. Interesting.
Everything in the bowl, mixed and ready for the cookie sheet. He had his special scoop which gave a great amount of dough for the perfect sized cookie but was a pain to use. Most cookies came from my little scooper that you squeeze the handle and the little scraper slides behind and pops out the dough. We made a lot of little cookies and gave about half to neighbors doing yard work that helped us out too.

John thought the whole process of baking was cool. I think he liked the taste testing of dough at the end best of all. I know I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment