I picked John up from daycare on Friday and we trucked on over for the festivities. We did all sorts of things like watching the dog show, coloring hot air balloon pictures, visiting the lego table, and grabbing dinner at a couple of food vendor booths. We procured a funnel cake for dessert and went to find a spot on the lawn for the "balloon glow".
I had packed like we were going on vacation so I had pretty much everything we could possibly need. We spread out our blanket and our spread and chowed down. It was John's first funnel cake so I captured the moment with the camera. We couldn't finish it. I tried really hard though.
So the morning was spent mostly inside a car waiting for the balloons to take off. What none of us knew was that the balloons escaped and went down the road to take off and that they were then suppose to float back over a field on campus and toss two colored markers near a pin to win a prize. I am assuming this is what happened because no one was allowed at the top of the hill to see the pin or where the markers actually landed...but my theory seems pretty solid to me. Some were close and some were way off the mark and one just floated above my head. It was all in all a pretty cool way to spend a crisp fall morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment