
Ok, I didn't even make it to the round cookie cutters. John selected the hippo and rhino cookie cutters instead for our Easter cookie making extravaganza. First, yes we are odd and have hippo and rhino cutters (they are John's favorite animals). Second, yes even though we switched to animals we were still going to decorate them with pastels and Eastery things.
I was able to make and bake all of the cookies but was running out of time before my dinner guests were going to arrive and had the brilliant idea to make a little decorating event for dessert. I made about 2 dozen cookies and had them laid out on trays with sprinkles and M&Ms at the ready. I didn't make the icing beforehand because I wasn't sure how fast it would set up and the directions said to use immediately.

Dinner over. Icing made. Most of it I left white but tinted some with gray food coloring...yes, I have that too. I really like to bake. :) Anyway we all had fun decorating and eating the cookies. By the end of the evening there were only 5 cookies left. Most everyone ate the cookies as fast as they could after placing the last M&M. I was amazed at how much sugar we could all ingest at one time. Wild animal Easter cookies may not catch on for everyone but they may be making more visits in the future for me and John. Yum!
Jacene
No comments:
Post a Comment