Things have been a little stressful in all areas of my life of late but today I am enjoying a day of being normal. This afternoon I am making cookies, sugar cookies to be exact. John and I are going to decorate them like Easter eggs. We have colored sugars and pastel m&m's and all. I don't have an oval cookie cutter but we may have very round eggs since I do have a round cutters. The dough is chilling in the fridge right now.
The best thing about baking cookies is getting to eat cookie dough. Cookie dough and cake batter bowl scraping are my favorite "back to childhood" things. John likes cookie dough too but isn't as big into batter as me. He is also content to have the dough put in a little bowl while I prefer eating off the beater and out of the bowl. These are the simple things that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Jacene
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment