Saturday, June 20, 2009

The yard

I have come to the realization that I am going to have to mow the yard every week. This is not a "keeping up with the Jones'" type thing, it is just that the yard is growing so fast I can't keep up. Honestly, the back yard could probably stand to be mowed more often than once a week but that is insane. This week it took 2 hours (40 minutes for front and side, 80 minutes for the back) to mow which is much better than the course 0f 4 hours last week...there was some stopping to wash out the underside of the mower and then let whatever engine part dry that I shouldn't have gotten wet. This week it only died twice in the back yard due to high wet grass. I went r...e...a...l...l...y slow and that helped a little. I had to refill the gas tank twice.

If you missed it, just check the previous postings to see what sort of river washes through the yard during big thunder storms and you will know why the back yard stays wet more than most yards. I still haven't quite figured out where I should stop mowing and where the neighbors should start. I have been eying fencelines and treelines where the property lines should be but I have a feeling that the previous home owner just mowed over to both neighbor's driveways. Not me, buddy.

I also don't know what to do with the sticks and such that are picked up out of the yard. In the City you just put them at the curb and trucks would come by once a week and pick it up. Now what happens? I still haven't called to set up trash pickup. I am taking advantage of my last week of City services and taking the trash to the old house. This week I need to call...maybe they will pick up my brush too.

Tomorrow I am going to go buy hedge clippers like I have been meaning to do for 2 weeks and I may even attempt to use the weedeater that I bought and am terrified of. In a couple of weeks I am suppose to do an oil change on the mower, according to a coworker. I am not even sure if I have the correct tools to try this.

I have several owner's manuals to catch up on...garage door opener...vacuum...mower...weedeater. Rivitting reading.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2009

    Yanno, we can cut our yard (front and back) in 45 minutes, and that includes having to mow around the garden, fruit trees, and berry bushes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete