Last night was the first session of a 6 week ceramics class. I learned some things concerning ceramics and somethings that don't involve ceramics at all.
Ceramics:
There are numerous ways to throw and I will be learning new ones in this class. I am going to have to change how I throw. Maybe this way will be better?
Non Ceramics:
So, my instructor's name is Barron. It is a combination of his parent's names, Barbara and Ron. Pretty cool. So we all tried to figure out what we would be named in that scenario.
Patricia + Maynard = Paynard? Maypat? Maytricia? Patard?
He also let us in on some other name info. Your name sounds better if you don't have the same number of syllables in it for each part. I am a 2/3/2 = Jacene Lillian England. John would be a 1/2/2/1/1 = John Clayton England the Fourth. Maybe we should have known this trick before we picked a name? Nah. :)
Oh, as background, in case you aren't familiar with my ceramics history and randomness here is a breakdown:
Summer 1994 = Hand building class at UT
Spring 1995 = Throwing class at UT
Fall +/- 1998 = Hand building class at Pellissippi State
Fall 2005 = Throwing class at the City of Knoxville Arts Center (when it was at the Candy Factory)
Spring 2009 = Throwing class at Mighty Mud
Future = My own studio?
Jacene
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment