Saturday, February 28, 2009

The next generation of architects?

Today John and I were out running errands and decided to pop by the office to take a look at the project that is going out the door on Monday. John is very curious about architecture and knows that I help design buildings for contractors to build and so I thought it would be interesting for him to see the drawings. He also wanted to know what the materials were going to be for the exterior so I pull out an elevation sheet and our samples and pointed it all out to him. He was good for a while and even wanted to help pick out the siding and roof colors then he went into cheese mode. I told him that I would like to get a picture of him looking at the drawings so that if he became and architect later on it would be cool to have a photo showing his early interest. Yes, he has said many time that he wants to be an architect and work with me. Don't worry, by the time I fill him in on what architects really do on a daily basis he will pick some other less stressful profession.

Anyway, he cheesed it up for the camera and insisted that as he "drew" his tongue would need to be sticking out. I am not sure why he thinks architects need to draw with a hard hat either. That's my boy!

Jacene

No comments:

Post a Comment