Saturday, April 25, 2009

Not quite like riding a bike...


Ok, so it has been a while since I took a ceramics class and it isn't like you get to pick up where you left off but I promised pictures and I am delivering. here are some shots of last week's class. I threw some cups and bowls.

I went in today with John and the cups were still too wet to trim and put handles on so we played with more clay. I forgot to bring in my camera so I will have to wait to get shots of what John made. We were there for about 3 hours which is amazing for a 5 year old. I didn't do any throwing today, just handbuilding stuff and I was John's helper. People kept coming up to him and talking to him about what he was doing and he ate it up. He even shared with some people that he was smart and it was a gift...blah blah blah. I chimed in that he was also modest. I also reminded him that maybe instead of telling people he was smart he should do smart things and let them figure it out for themselves. School has been reinforcing the "being smart is a gift he needs to share". Oh well. Anyway, we had fun and maybe you will receive an original England art piece as a gift this year...poor you.

Jacene

1 comment:

  1. How about a mug with my name and a softball bat handle? :)
    LD

    ReplyDelete